As a Civil Engineer and Contractor you face unique challenges and circumstances requiring policies designed specifically for your business
Working within the Construction industry, you have significant risk exposures, planning for all eventualities is a must and obtaining the right insurance is vital. Buildrisk arranges insurance cover specifically for your industry with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.
As a Civil Contractor what are some of the things you need cover for:
- Construction Contractual Liability ensuring you are covered for the contract you have signed.
- All work at the construction site including the risks of traffic accidents, unauthorised access, attractive nuisance, use of explosives, excavation work, liability to sub-contractors, vicarious liability for subcontractors, damage to customer and other third party property, third party injuries from tools, equipment and materials.
- Problems that can develop with a completed road/runway and associated structures, including those arising from errors made by subcontractors.
- Employee risks and injuries which may be caused by machinery and equipment hazards, hotwork, exposure to dust and chemical/vapours etc. falling objects hitting head or body, being struck or crushed by moving vehicles, exposure due to work in open air for long periods, high levels of noise, use of explosives, hotwork, crane hazards and contact with hot bitumen or asphalt and more.
- Property damage from substantial fire exposures.
Types of insurance your Buildrisk package can include:
Workers Compensation Management
- Insurance Premium Optimisation
- Claims Management & Return to Work
- Preventative & Early Intervention Services
- Office & Business Insurance
- Construction Surety & Bonds
- Trade Credit Insurance
- Marine Transit Insurance & Goods In Transit Insurance
- Tax Audit Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
Public & Products Liability Insurance & Pollution Liability Insurance
Covering personal injury or property damage to third parties as a result of your negligence. Pollution Liability covers the financial and business interruption implications following an environmental incident which can be significant.
Construction All Risks Insurance (Contract Works Insurance)
Covers accidental risks of physical loss or physical damage including theft to the contract works during construction as well as third party liabilities and the advance loss of profits.
Motor Fleet Insurance, Mobile Equipment Insurance
Covering all vehicles and mobile equipment including all attachments/accessories for property damage and liability anywhere within Australia.
Professional Indemnity Insurance & Design & Construct Insurance
Claims from Bodily Injury, Property Damage and Financial Loss arising out of an error or omission in design, consultancy professional advice, contract administration and project management and specification.
Management Liability including Directors & Officers Insurance and Cyber Insurance
Covering the Directors and company for all the risks associated with running a business and employing staff. Claims arising from your policies and procedures in relation to Employment Practices, Recruitment, OH&S, Tax and other Corporate returns, provision of advice to franchisees or branches, statutory returns and many other elements of corporate governance.