Transport Insurance

Transport Operators and Cartage Contractors face risks and challenges requiring policies designed for your unique needs

Working within the Transport industry, you have significant risk exposures, planning for all eventualities is a must and obtaining the right insurance is vital. Build Risk arranges insurance cover specifically for your industry with insurance you want – the cover that’s right for you, not just a standard package.

As a Transport Operator what are some of the things you need cover for:

  • Damage to Vehicles, Mobile plant and machinery including theft and possible accumulation of values of machinery and equipment, tools and more.
  • Theft / Damage of customer’s goods and loss of property at the premises.
  • Collision and overturning of the vehicle.
  • Loss or injury from loading and unloading the vehicle.
  • Claims arising due to inadequate maintenance, servicing, cleaning which may result in injury to customer’s employees or other persons (e.g. failure of attachment points due to corrosion).

Industry Specific Packages

We offer tailored insurance packages for the Construction Industry. You can choose if you want all the covers or just one.

Anywhere within Australia

We can include automatic cover anywhere within Australia for all your activities & locations plus include them under one policy.


Your dedicated client manager ensures that your insurance package meets your individual needs. They are there to provide you with advice and to answer any of your questions.

Hassle Free

If something is to go wrong, your Build Risk claims manager works for you, to ensure you get what you deserve.

Types of insurance your Build Risk package can include:

Workers Compensation Management

  • Insurance Premium Optimisation
  • Claims Management & Return to Work
  • Preventative & Early Intervention Services

Additional Covers

  • Office & Business Insurance
  • Tax Audit Insurance

Public & Products Liability Insurance & Pollution Liability Insurance

Covering personal injury or property damage to third parties as a result of your negligence. Pollution Liability (Environmental Liability) covers the financial and business interruption implications following an environmental incident which can be significant.


Motor Fleet Insurance, Mobile Equipment Insurance

Covering all vehicles and mobile equipment including all attachments/accessories for property damage and liability anywhere within Australia.

Marine Cargo & Transit Insurance (including Carriers Goodwill)

Covering goods in transit within Australia and overseas. Can include liability cover based around your written terms and conditions.

Equipment Breakdown Insurance

Covering machinery and equipment for breakdown and possible business interruption

Management Liability including Directors & Officers Insurance and Cyber Insurance

Covering the Directors and company for all the risks associated with running a business and employing staff.